Sunday, April 17, 2011

Emporia Tri

It's been awhile since I wrote. I have been training very well the last couple weeks. This week was especially good. 4 Bikes, 3 Swims, 4 runs and 2 lifting sessions. It would have 4 swims, but lightening derailed that attempt.

Today Meg and I did the Emporia Spring Migration Triathlon. It was a beautiful day. We made a little mistake and put our swim times, much too slow, but other than that it was great. I swam about 6:30 for the 400m and then had a great bike ride. Not sure what the split was, but I got off the bike a little over 40 minutes in. I was really working on the bike, so the first mile of my run was pretty tough. Final time of 56 minutes. Good enough for 2nd overall! Meg was 10th overall and first female with a time of 1:06!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment