Friday, January 21, 2011

Jan. 20, 2011

Today I woke up to a nice layer of snow on the driveway that I had already shoveled twice the day before. I had planned on a 10 mile run, but with the amount of snow that has accumulated I decided against it. Normally I would strap on the Yak-Traks and go, but they don't work so well when there is too much snow on top of the road. Great for packed snow or ice, just not for pure white snow.

So, I ended up swimming in the evening with my wife. We did 3 x 500m with a warm up and cool down. It was an okay set, but my swimming is certainly the weakest link right now. I think partly because I just haven't been swimming, partly becuase I haven't been lifting either. After the swim, we hurried over the gym where I did a short 35 minutes on the elliptical machine before the gym closed. An okay day overall, although I was starting to feel some weird pains in my hip/gluteus area, which I think stems from yesterdays bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment