Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jan. 26, 2011

Update from last nights swim: Meg and I had a good pool session. Lasted about an hour. We did what Meg calls SKIMPS. It means, swim, kick, individual medley, pull and swim. So basically we swim 200m freestyle, do 200m of kicking, then since I can't do butterfly very well, I do 100m of breast stroke and then 100m of back stroke. Follow that with 200m of pulling with only the arms and then finish with another 200m freestyle. We did this a little over two times. Good for getting back into the swimming mode.

This morning I was on the trainer and biked the Wamego loop course on the trainer. The trainer is very cool in what it can do. I basically have mapped out my rides that I like to do around the area and then put them into Google Earth and it allows me to get the elevation during the ride. It is about the only way to keep me working hard in the winter. I was able to average a little over 24 mph and 254 watts.

Strange thing was that I was faster than the last time I rode the course, but my watts were down considerably. I felt pretty good and was happy with the effort. Average Heart Rate (HR) was about 125 bpm. For me that is good, as I struggle to get my HR high riding the bike. I burned over a thousand calories, but not sure the exact number. I will try to pay attention to this better. I am off this evening as I have some things to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment