Friday, January 28, 2011

Jan. 27, 2011

Hey everyone, sorry about the delay on this post. Yesterday was a long one. Started the morning off with a 10 mile run. Same course as on Tuesday. Ran it a bit faster, going 1 hour and 2 minutes. My HR was much higher, 153 avg. Felt like I was pushing a bit, but not too bad. So about a 6:15 average. After the run, I had my usual recovery drink from Endurox. I like to use the chocolate flavor and mix it with milk. Adds calories, but tastes much better. If I use the fruit flavors I will use water, but milk for the chocolate or vanilla. I really believe it helps aid in recovery and muscle fatigue.

In the evening I had a pool session, without my wife unfortunately. I had to make it quick as I also had a basketball game later that night. I did a 200m swim, 200 kick, 200 pull warm up and then did a down ladder set. So 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m with 1 minute rest. I felt like it was a good swim and I was getting faster as I progressed. As for the BBall game, it didn't go well and I was super tired.

I would like to critic some of the products that I use on an occasion if that works for everyone. With that said, I am currently running in 3 different pairs of shoes. The first pair is a Saucony Hurricane. First thing you should know is that I am a moderate overpronator and need a lot of stability in my shoes. So for me the Hurricane worked really well. It is on the higher end of cushioning and stability. I use this one for my longer runs and I have almost worn it out. It still feels pretty good even after 400 miles.

The other 2 shoes are Pearl Izumi's, the syncroFuel and the isoShift. Of the two I prefer the syncroFuel as it is lighter and the cushioning feels softer. Strangely it is also the cheaper of the 2, but only buy a few bucks. They both fit nicely around the foot because of the seamless upper and that makes for a comfortable ride. The isoshift is a little more stable, but that causes it to be pretty hard, especially in the forefoot. It is a solid shoe though, and would probably suit a bigger guy better.

No comments:

Post a Comment