Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jan. 29, 2011

Whew...20 miles! Today was a rough one. Meg and I both ran 2 hours. I covered 20 miles in 2:03. Which works out to be about a 6:15 or so pace. Burned 1264 calories in the process with an avg. HR of 155. I felt pretty good going out and then at the half way point I took a new flavor of Clif Shot that I had never used before. It was Chocolate Cherry, which although very tasty, has 100 mg of caffeine in it. I think that messed my stomach up. I believe it was just too much caffeine for me. I am still feeling a little upset in the stomach from it. Overall though, I good workout.

We had planned to swim after, but I just wasn't feeling up to it, so we are postponing it until tomorrow.

I just have to tell you all that I broke out a new pair of shoes today. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS. If you don't know what the GTS stands for, you should! It stands for Go To Shoe! In all honesty, if I had to choose only one shoe to wear, this would be the shoe I go to. When I put it on it just feels like home. I must admit I have been wearing this shoe since college, but it just never fails to be a great shoe! That's how a shoe should perform, straight from the box to a 20 mile run with no issues what so ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment