Saturday, February 19, 2011

What a good day....

Friday was a great training day. It started out with a 35 mile bike ride on the trainer. It was the Louisville course from the Ironman. I averaged 289 watts for the 1:30 it took to cover the 35 miles. HR was an average of 111. I felt really good about the workout.

In the evening Meg and I did our longest swim yet. 3000m in the pool including a warm up and then 20 x 100m. We alternated hard/easy for the 100m reps. Meg kicked my butt on all the hard sets, something I am getting used to these days. The only thing that could stop her was a cramp that hit with 2 hard reps left. So, for one rep I was faster than her, only because she did it with only arms. One rep later, she was back in front of me and all I saw was the bubbles being created from her toes. Overall it was a good set and good week of swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment